Social isolation can increase stress at home, impacting on you and your family’s well-being and so, we are here to help you.
Please contact us for help and advice.
In an emergency call the Police on 999.
Wigan Council Domestic Abuse Helpline 01942 311365 or access their web page
Other useful information and contacts
Silent Solutions Police
In an emergency call 999 for emergency services. If you cannot safely speak to the operator to ask for the Police, stay on the line and the call will be forwarded to an operating system. Press 55 to be transferred to the local police force as an emergency.
National Domestic Abuse Helpline
Available 24 hours a day.
Telephone: 0808 2000 247
Men’s Advice Line
Telephone: 0808 8010327
Manchester Women’s Aid Helpline
Live chat available Monday to Friday 10:00am to 12:00noon (including
Telephone: 0161 660 7999
For advice on how to cover your tracks on-line go to the Women’s Aid website.
Domestic abuse: get help during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
This useful webpage from the Government provides advice on how to get help if you or someone you know is a victim of domestic abuse.
A free to download mobile app providing support and information to anyone who may be in an abusive relationship or those concerned about someone they know.
Available in four languages: English, Urdu, Punjabi and Polish.
The Respect Phone line is a confidential national helpline, email, webchat service for perpetrators of domestic abuse looking for help to stop.
They help male and female perpetrators in heterosexual or same sex relationships. Partners or ex-partners of perpetrators, as well as family and friends, are welcome to get in touch for information, advice and support.
- Galop LGBT Domestic Violence Helpline 0800 999 5428
- Greater Manchester Domestic Abuse Helpline 0161 636 7525
- Saheli Asian Women’s Project 0161 945 4187
- Community Language Helpline Service (Urdu and Punjabi) 0161 636 7525
- Greater Manchester End the Fear website www.EndtheFear.co.uk
- Karma Nirvana Helpline – For ‘honour’-based abuse and forced marriage 0800 599 9247
- SafeLives website www.safelives.org.uk – A UK-wide charity has further advice and support on COVID 19 and domestic abuse.
- Surviving Economic Abuse www.survivingeconomicabuse/resources
- Talk Listen Change (TLC) 0161 872 1100 – TLC is the local provider of perpetrator behaviour change programmes in Manchester.
- Website: www.talklistenchange.org.uk/domesticabuseservices